- Current Version: 1.0 beta
- Last Revision: 06.18.09
- Requires: MSIE 6+, Mozilla 1.5+, Opera 7.5+, Firefox
Installation and use of this tool is easy and similar to that of the SiteCatalyst Debugger. If you are using a browser other than Internet Explorer, you should be able to simply bookmark the following link by dragging and droping the link onto your bookmarks toolbar:
When you're ready to go, navigate the page you wish to debug and then click on your saved bookmark!
This tool's main function is to show you everything that is related to the Raw Clickmap report found in SiteCatalyst. The default loaded view is the most simplest and user-friendly function. Once you click the bookmarked link, a new box will display on the page, following your cursor as it moves around. Based upon the element your mouse cursor hovers over, you will see pertinant Clickmap information regarding that specific element.
For best results, the tool should only be loaded after the page has completely loaded. Shortcut keys and commands usually do not take effect until you move the mouse to a different element. Also, some browsers (like IE) will lose focus when you run the bookmark. You will need to click inside the page in order to send keyboard commands.
The default display list is as follows:
- RSID : Similar to the SiteCatalyst Debugger, this will detect if there is an image request and the s_var account value, or the Report Suite ID(s) data is being sent to. If no image request is detected (or you load the debugger before the image request is fired), then this field will be blank.
- pageName : Also similar to the SiteCatalyst Debugger, this will detect if there is a pageName value to the image request. If no pageName is set, the g= value will be shown along with a notification. If no image request is detected, the there will be a notification in this field as well.
- element Type : This simply references the type of tag your mouse is currently hovering on.
- s_objectID : If an s_objectID value is set, it will be displayed here so you can verify if this has been done correctly.
- Loc. # : If you run this tool in Internet Explorer, you will be able to see the Location # of the linked element that is tracked by Clickmap. If the browser is non-IE, then you will see a message stating such along with the Location number that will be reported in the Raw Clickmap report ('0' if no objectID is used, '1' if objectID is assigned).
- ESC - Quit/Unfreeze
- If you are simply using the tool, the plug-in will close
- Otherwise, if the tool window is frozen, the window will unfreeze
- If the InnerHTML editor is open, the window will close
- H - Toggle Help Tooltips : This will show/hide basic shortcuts in the tool window
- E - Highlight Element : This will color the background of the element your cursor is hovering on in a nice shade of grey
- Note: This can cause the browser to run noticeably slower on some machines, and it may also cause page content display problems
- F - Freeze Tool Window : This will freeze the tool window in place (perfect for screenshots, copying text from within the inspector, or clicking the Documentation link that brings you here!)
- P - Parent Object View : This will show loads of information about the element you are viewing and its parents:
- All attribute tags from the element
- Height, Width, and position of the element
- The parent elements of this element. If you freeze the window and highlight one of the elements with your mouse cursor, a new pop-up window will show detailed information for that parent element.
- I - Edit Inner HTML : This will open another window that will allow you to view/edit the internal HTML of that element, if there is any