I know, I know. We’re coming up on the end of the ski and snowboard season for this year, at least in Utah. But if you haven’t taken advantage of this app yet, you definitely need to check it out.
While this app draws heavily on your battery because of its constant use of fine location tracking (GPS), the features are well worth the $0.99. Also, if you bring an extended battery or portable phone charger, you can easily make it through an entire ski session. The list of features are extensive (placed below), but the main screen tracking for distance, max speed, vertical drop, and graphing are all I really want to see. The app runs in the background, sports a battery-friendly mode, and doesn’t require any phone signal to run. Other features include:
- Accurate Ski/Snowboard Stats – Ski Tracks uses special algorithms designed for mountain users to accurately calculate your speed, slope angle and ski vertical.
- Run-by-Run – Want to check your last run maximum speed or duration or even your last ascent, then use the Run-by-Run analysis tool and Ski Tracks will break your day up int runs and lifts.
- Sharing -Why not share your Ski Day along with your photographs on Facebook? Or even email a file that will preview your entire day in 3D on Google Earth™.
- Maps – Roadmap, Satellite, Hybrid and Terrain maps are available for displaying your track, start, finish and photographs.
- Photographs – Take photographs and they are automatically geo-tagged to your Track.